RPM & Associates, Inc. and its sister companies, RPM Solutions, Inc. and RPM Innovations, Inc., are strong and growing companies. RPM Companies are constantly on the lookout for talented employees seeking out the many challenges we have to offer. RPM Companies are equal opportunity employers.
The following positions are available for RPM & Associates, Inc. and its sister companies, RPM Solutions, Inc.and RPM Innovations, Inc.
Technical Sales and Marketing Manager
RPM and Associates, Inc., a leading industrial service company in the western United States, is accepting applications for the position of Technical Sales and Marketing Manager at its facility in Rapid City, South Dakota.
Current sales territory encompasses the United States and some provinces of Canada. Travel requirements will be about 25% and occasional weekend travel will be required to meet customer needs.
BENEFIT PACKAGE RECENTLY UPGRADED:
An attractive benefit package includes health/dental insurance, simple IRA program (with employer matching up to 3% of salary), paid holidays/vacation, earned paid days, and an employee assistance program. Competitive wages are being offered, DOE and qualifications.
Mandatory pre-employment drug screen is required, completing a post-offer medical questionnaire, and favorable security background check.
1) Duties or Functions:
2) Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Cultivate existing customer relationships and generate new leads.
- Develop intimate knowledge of our product lines and services, as they relate to customer needs.
- Show initiative by recognizing and seizing opportunities to revise existing parts or equipment and/or implement new designs to satisfy customer needs.
- Travel to existing customers to continue to forge relationships.
- Travel to new or potential customers to establish rapport and understand their needs as related to RPM products and services.
- Understand and convey RPM’s value-added approach to solving customers’ wear and design problems.
- Provide pre-and-post-sales customer support.
- Communicate effectively with engineering, accounting, production, and operations managers with regard to status changes of current or forthcoming jobs.
- Attain and convey customer feedback on parts/services to appropriate engineering, production, or operations managers.
- Respond quickly and clearly to customer requests.
- Contribute to the ongoing maturation of the company’s processes and procedures.
- Photograph and catalog new and/or revised parts, equipment, or services for potential use in either website or print publications.
- Monitor industry trends and competing products as related to RPM products and services.
- Assist in research and procurement of raw materials, castings, etc.
- Monitor casting inventory as related to industry trends, and forecast customer demand.
- Prepare and present sales quotes, sales presentations, and product demonstrations.
- Analyze cost and sales data to identify and implement methods of improvement regarding the quotation and pricing process and other areas of sales and marketing responsibilities.
- Participate in industry tradeshows.
- Coordinate special sales projects as required.
- Coordinate and support on-site measuring of customer equipment to facilitate design & production of liner packages, etc.
- Participate in and comply with training and safety programs provided by RPM.
3) Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Engineering or technical degree (BS), 5 years technical/industrial sales experience, preferably in value added rather than commodity sales desired.
- Strong mechanical background required.
- Welding experience and materials background preferred.
- Ability to read engineering drawings preferred.
- Ability to communicate well (both orally and in writing).
- Familiarity with OSHA and/or MSHA requirements is preferred.
- Ability to acquire a passport and enter Canada is required.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for up to 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work occasionally in extreme temperatures in outdoor environments.
Intern positions become available from time to time, and due to their short-term temporary nature, they are not listed individually on the website. If interested in an internship position with RPM, please apply online or download the RPM & Associates, Inc. Employment Application, complete the form, and return it with your resume to Personnel@RPMAndAssociates.com